Do’s and Don’ts of Contact Lens Wear
1. Attend for regular check ups
2. Wash (anti-bacterial soap in pump dispenser) and dry your hands (lint free tissues) prior to handling your lenses
3. Clean, rinse and disinfect your lenses after each use (except daily disposables which should be discarded after each wear and extended wear lenses)
4. Air dry the storage case and keep dry when lenses are being worn. Replace storage cases monthly.
5. Insert your lenses before putting on make-up and remove lenses then remove make-up
6. Always keep spare lenses.
7. Have up-to-date pair of spectacles available for when you need to remove your lenses.
1. Use tap water in any circumstance
2. Wet your lenses with saliva
3. Re-use solutions
4. Sleep in your lenses unless they are specifically approved
5. Switch to a different solution brand except on the advice of your practitioner.
6. Use your lenses for swimming or water sports unless wearing tight fitting goggles.
7. Use your lenses when showering or using a hot tub.